Saturday 16 June 2012

Detox

Having worked hard to get my BMI to 23 (‘healthy’ being within the range of 20 – 25) I am very keen to maintain it there. Exercise is definitely helping and I am now well toned and am pleased with my CV level (ran 5 miles this morning!). However, the tendency to eat all I can find remains, so I need to manage my eating to manage my weight. I always do particularly well if I stick to a high protein diet and make sure that any carbs that I have are complex (so, no white bread, no bowls of Frosties for me!). Porridge is a great start to the day and protein shakes and bars see me through to the evening when I have a balanced meal, usually fish or chicken with veg. By way of a challenge I am going to embark on a 9 day detox programme on Monday, I’ll keep this blog going throughout so you can find out ‘how it was for me’ – and who knows, you may want to try it too? Its weighing and measuring night tomorrow, I’ll share those with you and then I can let you know about my progress. and tell you more about the products and where you can get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment