Wednesday 22 July 2015

Are you getting enough sleep?


Those that know me well will know that sleep isn’t always high on my agenda.  If I get 5 hours a night I have done well.  This means that ‘double sleep Friday’ is important to me.

Somehow it has become a bit ‘cissy’ to want lots of sleep – but it’s actually absolutely crucial to get  a decent night’s sleep most nights.  What is the right amount?  Most studies suggest 7 hours a night.  Without that we function less well physically, emotionally and mentally and it’s really hard to lose weight. 

Sleep begins with a good routine (bath, quiet time, no caffeine and no electronic devices) , a cool bedroom and a note book and pen so that if you have a sudden ‘great idea’ at 3 a.m. you can jot it down and leave it till the morning. 

Try it for a week, see how much better you feel.  Yes, I know, I will try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment