Monday 28 December 2015

Make every calorie count

Don’t worry – this is not another ’eat 1200 calories and exercise like fury and all will be well’ new Year post!

It’s a ‘have a think about what you are doing ‘post. 
Now, I like chocolate and I like mince pies and I could have my daily calorie intake as a mix of the two.  I could probably manage quite well.  I wouldn’t feel hungry and I would have a good sugar high going on.  However, many days of that and I would a) feel sick b) put on weight and c) deplete my muscles. 

What am I saying?  I am saying that it’s no good just counting calories.  1200 chocolate calories are not going to do you much good but 1200 mixed protein, complex carbs and fats calories will help to keep your body functioning well. 
Not sure of what a healthy diet looks like?  Call us, call in, we will be happy to help

No comments:

Post a Comment