Thursday 14 April 2016

Running

I’ve just been for a run – ‘so what?’ I hear you say.  Well, here’s the story – I haven’t run for a long time – I’ve walked and walked and walked – but I’ve not run.  But this week I interviewed a lovely lady who is a bit older than me – and she runs, oh yes, she runs.  So I wondered what had happened – why had I stopped running?  I don’t really know.  So, I woke up and decided that today is the day.  Yes, its raining, (I put on a waterproof top), yes, its muddy (I put on my older trainers), yes, I could slip and fall (I didn’t – I’ve got a strong core). I went through the woods (no one attacked me) and I had no phone, no keys and no tissue!  How very rash!  (And completely opposite to all my words of advice to all my clients!) 

And I loved it, I absolutely loved it, I don’t know how far I ran (but I did way more than I thought I would ) and I have no idea how long it took.  I feel alive, aware and I am a WIC (Woman In Control).  Today is here to make the most of – and I am fully up for it.  GFI with a PMA (Go For It with a Positive Mental Attitude!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment