Monday 12 January 2015

10,000 steps

We know that its good to move a bit, we know that we are aiming for 10,000 steps a day.

Now, 10,000 is quite a lot of steps.   It takes some doing and for many (if not most) of us we have to make a special effort to get to that many.  I was curious to see how many I did so thought instead of the guess ‘I am quite active, I must do that many’ I would actually measure the number.

There are plenty of ‘posh’ systems on the market – they will link to your computer and tell you to move if you keep still for too long.  I am sure they are great – but those of you who know me well know that I am not a ‘techy’ sort of person and I wanted to find something cheap and easily accessible.  I emailed a company that was selling pedometers on Amazon and they very kindly sent me a selection of pedometers for free.  We are trialling them now – we will let you know how we get on.  We are looking for one that is easy to set up, accurate, unobtrusive and not requiring any attention.

Once we know we will tell you how we got on  (and where you can buy your own).  So if you see me pacing around the gym, I am just ‘getting my steps up’, if you see me out in all weathers – don’t offer me a lift –I am  just ‘getting my steps up’. 

No comments:

Post a Comment