Monday 18 June 2012

Day 1

Well, Day One nearly done, I’ve got one more gel drink to have. How do I feel? Most of the day I have felt very energetic and raring to go. Which is not bad on some tablets, gels and a shake. (Don’t worry, I’ll reveal all at the end of the 9 days!) Right now I will admit to being hungry but determined. I have spent a lot of time lately considering where my ‘hunger’ comes from. I was convinced that if I didn’t eat something every hour then my world would fall apart. I thought nothing of having a home made protein shake, loads of fruit and nuts and a cereal bar, all before 10.00 and I won’t go on to tell you what else I ate during the day – but it was fairly constant. Then an evening meal and then that dreadful ‘hunger’ time, when a bowl of Frosties was absolutely essential. Of course, I justified all this by the amount of exercise I did. Let me tell you that I ate enough to fuel an iron man, let alone a 45 minute circuit class. So, I have rationalised and trimmed. I have learnt that so much of what I called ‘hunger’ was nothing to do with my stomach being empty. It was habit, comfort and stress relieving. Now I can face waiting for food and eating only what I need. And I can throw away left overs. ‘Just as wasted in my stomach if I don’t need it as in the bin.’ So, on Day One, its hard but not impossible. Its will power and determination, but its also knowing that my body has had the RDAs that it needs and will start to burn fat if I stop shoving food down. Its looking at my goals and remembering why I am doing this. Tomorrow is just as harsh, but after that there is much more on the menu. One more day – how difficult can that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment